Eye Care Providers
- New England Eye Southeastern MA East Bridgewater office is open every Wednesday and beginning on June 13th, will be open the 2nd Monday of each month! Please call 617-680-8447 to schedule an appointment today and/or go to New England Eye Southeastern Massachusetts for more information about this specialty clinic for individuals with intellectual disability and New England Eye’s collaboration with DDS, the New England College of Optometry and Shriver Clinical Services.
- DDS Resource List for eye care providers in Massachusetts
DDS Vision Care Guidelines for Individuals with Intellectual Disability
- Eye Examination: ALL, including those with legal or total blindness, should be under an active vision care plan and eye examination schedule based on recommendations from an eye specialist (ophthalmologist or optometrist). Refer to eye specialist if new ocular signs and/or symptoms develop, including changes in vision/behavior. Annual comprehensive eye exam for patients with diabetes.
- Glaucoma Assessment: Glaucoma assessment at least once by age 22. Follow up eye exam every 2-3 years until age 39, every 1-2 years thereafter. More frequent eye exams for higher risk patients per vision care plan.
- DDS Vision Care Guidelines
National Eye Institute / May 2016 / Healthy Vision Resources
If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Happy Healthy Vision Month!
Lisa DiBonaventura, M.A., COMS is the Statewide Director of Vision and Vision Loss Services for the Department of Developmental Services (DDS).