“Focus” on Vision Impairment & Blindness Conference:
Meeting the Needs of Individuals with Intellectual Disability & Vision Loss
- Massachusetts Department of Developmental
- Massachusetts Commission for the Blind
- Perkins School for the Blind
- DDS Southeast Region Training Council
- New England College of Optometry
- Shriver Clinical Services
Did you know that the prevalence of vision impairment, legal blindness and deafblindness among individuals with intellectual disability is 12 to 25 times higher than the general population? This multi-disciplinary conference seeks to raise awareness and share information and strategies for vision related care and services focused on the needs presented by individuals who have intellectual disability and vision loss.
As with each year’s over-subscribed conference, this multi-tracked educational program will reach out to the needs of clinicians, family members, support staff at day and residential programs, nurses, eye care providers, administrators, advocates and all concerned with the needs of adults with intellectual disability. In addition, many resources will be shared at the exhibit area and through poster presentations.
A special “Focus” On Talent performance by the M.A.I. Band will put the finishing touch on the day!
The Collaborating Partners organizing this year’s event include: Massachusetts Department of Developmental Services, Massachusetts Commission for the Blind, Perkins School for the Blind, DDS Southeast Region Training Council, New England College of Optometry, and Shriver Clinical Services.
Registration Now Open!
Registration Brochure and Form, including CEU information is now available to download and print: Early registrants save $10.
Please register early!!! Space is limited!!!
- Early Registration Fee postmarked by July 31, 2023: $55.00
- Registration Fee postmarked after July 31, 2023: $65.00
- Registration needed by September 15, 2023 to attend conference.
- To register and pay by credit card: https://bit.ly/focus2023registration
Registration Brochure PDF / Registration Brochure RTF