Intro to Assistive Technology Assessments
- Presenters: Kate Kutalak, M.Ed., TVI and HuyenTran Vo, M.Ed., TVI, COMS, CVRT, CATIS, Perkins School for the Blind (recorded at "Focus" Conference 2019)
- This session is an introduction to how Assistive Technology Assessments for people who are Blind/Visually Impaired are conducted. There will be an overview of current technology available including high tech, low tech, and cost effective tools. There will also be discussion of the decision making process of finding the right tool(s) to meet the needs of students/clients.
- CEUS: .5 ACVREP; Certificate of Attendance by request
- Length: 47 minutes
- Assistive Technology Assessment: Tips, Tools and Resources from Perkins eLearning
- Assistive Technology from Georgia AT Project
- Assistive Technology Assessment from Teaching Visually Impaired
- Assistive Technology Consideration to Assessment free publications from Wisconsin Assistive Technology Initiative
- Access World - from American Foundation for the Blind
- Apple Accessibility
- Register to view this free session. Please Note: The date you will see when registering for the "Focus" Talk is the date that the presentation was recorded. All "Focus" Talks are available for viewing immediately after registration.